Many people hate Mondays and think of them as the day all the hectic work begins once again. Here are a few bizarre things that are in reference to Mondays.
Brenda Spencer, Monday Serial Killer
Brendan Spencer, a 17 year old student who opened fire on passing children as they made their way to school. She managed to kill two men – the principle and janitor; who risked their lives trying to save the 8 wounded children she shot. She also wounded a police office. When she was asked why she did it she said ‘’ I hate Mondays they’re always so boring, this livens up the day.’’
Watch the videos below to see the moment of her arrest and what happened to her after years in prison.
Monday isn’t always the first day of the week?
To Jewish and some Christians, Sunday is the day the week begins with rather than Monday.
Monday is most depressing day of the week.
Many people see Monday as the day work begins again, which to some, is depressing. The majority of suicides happen on a Monday.
Monday is the most common day for heart attacks
Mondays are the day employees are most unproductive and/or skip work.
People at average get about 3 hours work done on Mondays. It is also the day that has the highest search rates. Not only that but it is the most common day for people to call in sick or ‘’sick’’; This usually occurs with middle aged people from 35-45 years old.
People do online shopping on Monday more than any other day
Stats show that people shop the most on Mondays probably because they didn’t head to work or because they’re not working at work. Also there is Cyber Monday which is the right after Black Friday. On this Monday, 33.6% of shoppers will shop online.. In 2010 shoppers spent over 1 billion dollars! It is one of the biggest online shopping days in the world!
Black Monday is the day reflecting numerous wars, disaster and tragedies a few being:
- John Lennon murdered Monday 8th December 1980, Lennon was shot four times by gunman Mark Chapman outside his New York City apartment.
- Black Monday. The stock market crash of 1987 was the largest one day stock market crash in history. The Dow Jones index lost 22.6% of its value or $500 billion dollars on Monday October 19th 1987.
- The end of 1st World War (the Great War) Monday 11th November 1914.
Approximately 20 million civilian and military personnel killed and an estimated 40 million casualties.
- William Jefferson Clinton (Bill Clinton) was born on 19 August 1946 in Hope, Arkansas.
- Bill Clinton was the 42nd President of the United States (1993 – 2001)
- 18th April 1955 Albert Einstein died in hospital in Princeton, New Jersey, aged 76.
- when a group of 500 recently arrived settlers from Bristol were massacred by warriors of the Gaelic O’Byrne clan
- the largest one-day percentage decline in recorded stock market history.
- when Youngstown Sheet and Tube Company, one of America‘s largest regional steel-manufacturing firms, announced that it would shut down most of its operations in the vicinity of Youngstown, Ohio, placing 5,000 people out of work. This development presaged the collapse of that community’s industrial economy, from which it still hasn’t recovered (as of 2010).
Sponsored by: Kontego Networks Inc The coolest internet provider in Montreal :)